Friday, February 21, 2014

Five for Friday

This week, I have a lot of random small things to blog about, so decided to join in the 5 for Friday link-up with Doodle Bugs!  


#1
This week, we started a token economy for appropriate behaviors with 4 most advanced students.  It has been working like a charm so far because my kids are obsessed with the points (I think they like getting the points even more than the actual things they can buy with their points).



#2
We had one of our favorite guests come visit us this week (Mr. John!).  He helps run drama programs for kids with autism and is helping us with our latest unit of adapting a book and creating our own play.  Here he is reading the kids the story we will adapt The Day the Crayons Quit.  It is a great book!  I can't wait to share more about this process with you later on!


#3
Last week, I had my kids make predictions about the gender and due date of my assistant's baby.  Most of the kids were right about the gender (girl)…but nobody got the date right!  I decided not to start the calendar until the 16th…and she ended up having her baby on the 15th.  The kids had fun with this…and they loved when she sent us a picture of the baby!


#4
Although these are a little late, I never got to post a picture of how our cute Valentine craft with bingo markers turned out.  Aren't they cute?!

#5
After a snowstorm earlier this week (where I stayed at school for over 2 hours waiting for my students to get picked up and my car got stuck for 45 minutes), the weather finally started to warm up.  Now, we get to see these lovely "Falling Ice" signs….I'm a little nervous I'll get hit!

Happy Friday and hope you have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see more about the play! We did something similar at a summer camp where II teach resource now, but teaching kids with autism (which I still do, but not exclusively) is my first love. Have a great week! Don't get hit by any falling ice.

    Amy

    Always Adapting

    ReplyDelete