Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Dice Worksheet Resource

Today, I wanted to share a resource with you for making dice worksheets.  This is a great way to work on counting and beginning addition skills with your kids!  I used this site to make some worksheets for my kids this summer.  So far, they have been doing great with them.  They have been taking their time and trying to get each question right.  I started giving them "grades" for their worksheets...and they all want 100% and a smiley face :-)....I love when simple rewards are motivating for my kids!!

The worksheet maker can be found at Worksheet Works.  They have lots of other customizable worksheets you can create on their site as well.  To start making the dice worksheet, you just choose how many dice you want per question, they layout of the dice, and the paper size.


Then, this screen will appear.  When you click on the link, the worksheet will open as a PDF.


Your PDF worksheet will look just like this.  If you go back to the original worksheet options and create worksheet again, it will create a new one with different problems.  I created about 3 different worksheets for each level of students.  Some of my worksheets had only 1 die to practice counting, while others had up to 4 dice for adding together/counting to higher numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment