Friday, October 18, 2013

Five for Friday

It's been awhile since I did a link-up!  So, I figured this week, I would join Doodlebugs for her 5 for Friday linky!  Basically, you just post about 5 random things from your week.  Hop on over to Doodle Bugs Teaching to join in!


#1
I loved having Columbus day off this week!  I got to spend it hanging with my cute nieces and nephews!  And with a delicious Pumpkin Spiced latte from my husband's family coffee shop!



#2
I cannot stand waking up when it is dark outside!  Here is what it looks like outside when I got up this week! I accidentally turned off my alarm on Tuesday and slept right on through until I woke up at 7:30 (my school starts at 7:45...eeek!).  By some sort of miracle,  I only ended up being about 10 minutes late to work!   And luckily, my kids have music first thing, so they didn't even notice I was late!


#3
We made quite a few new Pinterest recipes this week.  I had some left over pumpkin puree from making these AWESOME pumpkin spiced scones from Inspired Taste last week,

so we tried this pumpkin mac and cheese from Chicago Now.   Although the combo of ingredients (cottage cheese, pumpkin puree) sounded a bit odd, it didn't taste too bad...and supposedly it is more healthy?  I'll take it!  It was easy to put together too and only required 5 ingredients!  My husband's comment: "I think you might be able to trick kids into eating this."


#4
Our school hallways got painted this week, so we all got booted out of the building to go on field trips.  Here is a before/after picture of the hallway outside my room!  Gotta love the sprucing up!



#5
And while they were painting, we were at the zoo.  It rained the entire time we were there...and then turned into a beautiful day right as we were leaving!  The kids still enjoyed themselves!  We had one little meltdown in the middle of the zoo that may have involved someone laying in the middle of a puddle, BUT the rest of the day was pretty awesome.  I heard my kids oohing and aahing over everything from birds to giraffes!  I especially loved watching them all interacting with each other and discussing the animals.

Thanks for reading about my random week!  What have you been up to?!  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment