Thursday, August 15, 2013

Back to School Pin Party

Over the course of the summer, I have been posting about my favorite Pinterest finds!   And now I have some big news...I am hosting my first linky party!  I am a little nervous because I have never hosted one before, but I figured it would be worth a shot.  Please link up and share with others!  Also, I will be picking a couple lucky winners who link up to receive some goodies from my TPT store!



How it works:  For this link up, just post about your Top 5 Back to School Pins...if you are feeling ambitious, definitely post more than 5!  These can be pins you have already tackled over the summer, ones you want to complete this year, or great products you have found on Pinterest that you NEED to have in your classroom this year!  (If possible, try and link back to the original poster to give appropriate credit).  

Since I have a few days left of summer to relax, I have been doing a little brainstorming (and a lot of pinning) in my down time.  The real work will start once I can get back in my classroom in LESS THAN a week.  

Here are my Top 5 Back to School Pins.  It was actually really hard to only pick 5! These are Pins that I am definitely going to tackle this year.  Some I plan on making myself, others I plan on buying (once that big TPT sale kicks in!). 

1. This post from Make Take Teach has a lot of great ideas for Sight Words.  I already downloaded the Freebie for the assessments.  I will definitely be incorporating some of her sight word activities into my classroom this year...either at an aid-run station or to send home as homework.  



2. Have I mentioned how much my students love do-a-dot markers?  Through Pinterest, I found Tot School which has an entire set of capital letters for my kids to go dot crazy on!  This will be great for working on letter of the week!  I just downloaded every last one...and these are FREE!


3. Another great beginning letter activity I found was this cute sticker letter matching activity from Discover Explore Learn.  Such a simple and easy idea...just write the letters on some stickers and have your kids match the letters to a sheet of paper.  


4. Another Do-A-Dot activity for math.  This packet from Teach with Laughter looks awesome!

5.  As far as classroom organization, I love this idea from The Organized Classroom of using these big clips to label student shelves or cubbies.  The little labels I make always get bent up so quick.  These would be much more sturdy!


6.  This is a FREEBIE from PreKinders.  It is a bunch of pattern block mats.  I love that she offers them in color and black/white (for more of a challenge).  You can easily slide different ones into a top-loading sheet or laminate them for multiple uses.  I remember buying some of these mats my first year of teaching because I already had the pattern blocks in my room.  How great to get them for FREE.


Ok, I had to post more than 5...sorry!  

If you have tried any of these and have any insight, please leave me a comment and let me know.  Also, please link up.  Just create your blog post with your favorite back to school pins and click the button below to add your blog's link.!




3 comments:

  1. I was pleasantly surprised to come across my Bingo Dabber math unit as one of your favorite pins. Thank you :) If you send me your email I'd love to send it to you.
    teachwithlaughter@gmail.com
    Laureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the binder clips during ESY this summer and wow did that work great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I was hoping they would work better than my flimsy laminated names...so I am excited to hear you liked them!

      Delete