Friday, August 10, 2018

Classroom Set-Up: Notes Home

It's that time of year...back to school shopping, classroom set-up, and prepping for the new school year ahead.  Are you a new teacher looking for some materials to set up your brand new classroom? Or a veteran teacher looking to revamp classroom visuals or up your data game?  I want to take a chance over the next couple weeks to share some tips and ideas for setting up your classroom this coming year.

I recently put together a product based on all the resources I created and implemented in my classroom so that others can use the ideas that worked so well for me, without the work of having to create it on their own....  over 150 pages of class-room set up materials included in the Complete Autism Classroom Set-Up!  I have used this baby in my district with tons of teachers already this past year...and it has been a big hit.  Today, let's talk about one aspect of this product, Notes Home:





I don't know about you, but sitting down to write notes to parents can be difficult for me...I want to get the most bang for my buck so I don't overwhelm parents with sending too many notes home, and I definitely don't want to forget something important.  I start the year by sending home one big packet of notes/surveys so parents can really focus on the packet, and not have to look in the backpack every day for another rogue note home.  I have found this was the best way for parents (and me) to get all the info we needed from one another.  Here is a blog post with more details about how I utilize Notes Home.

Included in this product are 13 notes home to parents to keep them informed and get their input.  Most of these letters are editable as well, so you have a template to work off of to save you lots of time.
-Welcome letter with supply list
-Child info survey
-Classroom library information
-Hygiene permission
-Photo permission
-Community trips
-Inclusion information (for parents and gen. ed teachers)
-Schedule information
-IEP parent collaboration and reminder
-Daily/weekly parent communication sheets
-Student led IEP worksheet with visuals to increase student independence and participation.


All of my products have instructions for set up and you can always feel free to email me if you have any questions on how to utilize any of the materials.  I am happy to collaborate with you to help you meet the needs of your students.

These resources are available as a bundle (that means every resource included in these 4 products available at a discounted rate) or as 4 separate products (Visual SchedulesNotes HomeBehavior Management and Classroom Visuals, and Data Sheets) so you can buy what you need, and not waste money on things you already have established in your classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment