Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Nouns, Verbs, and Adjectives: FREEBIE LINKS!

This is week is crazy busy!  I'm getting a new student and it is state testing (my kids take the alternate test).  I don't know about your alternate tests, but mine take at least a week to implement since my kids can only attend for about 10 minutes at a time!  I feel like it is such a waste of time since we have to take so much time and therefore are missing out on learning more relevant skills!  Oh well…I'm pretty sure some gen ed teachers may feel the same about their tests…so I will just administer our test and be thankful that this test was created for me and that I don't have to create my own!

Unfortunately, due to testing, our first week of March was a wash…so I am posting my March activity ideas a little late!  

With my advanced guided reading groups, we are going to start tackling nouns, verbs, and adjectives this month.  Here are some cute (and FREE) activities to check out.  Most of these Freebies seem to be sorting activities…which I think help my very visual students understand new concepts!  We will, of course be doing other types of activities as well.  I will keep you posted later in the month with some of those!

We will be starting with only nouns and sorting "people, places, and things."  Then, we will add in verbs, followed by adjectives.

Here is a Free Noun vs. Verb sorting activity from 1st Grade Salt Life.



This activity is from Cutesy Clickable by Collaboration Cuties is great for identifying nouns, verbs, and adjectives. 


A Noun, Verb, Adjective sort without pictures from RaraDT

I also purchased some Noun, Verb, Adjective activities form the TPT sale.  Check them out below.

This Gingerbread Game from Donna Pukash allows the kids to practice nouns vs. verbs or nouns/verbs/adjectives in a fun board game activity.  There are also some worksheets included which we will be using this month too.

A Noun vs. Verb sorting activity with pictures from Amy Anastas

We have a busy month ahead!  Any ideas you have on teaching nouns, verbs, and adjectives?  Please share!

1 comment:

  1. This year, I've tried to tie nouns, verbs, and adjectives into our seasonal tasks and have incorporated parts of speech identification into our morning group daily word. We choose a word, then write a sentence with the word and decide what part of speech the word is. Even if they aren't able to tell me, I'm hoping me talking about it everyday will help them learn it eventually.
    I actually have 2 3rd graders this year that have to take regular state tests. They don't qualify for the alternate test because their IQs are too high. Ridiculous. It's going to be interesting for sure.

    ReplyDelete