Monday, December 23, 2013

Secret Santas

Well people…I am officially on Winter Break…and Officially on my Honeymoon.  Don't worry, I still have some fun posts to share with your while I'm gone including some new posts, some oldies, but goodies…and maybe even a sale!!  

Sorry I am only sharing this post with you now…but it was our first time doing secret santas at school and I wanted to make sure it wasn't an epic fail before I spread it all over the internet.  Now, it wasn't perfect, but it was pretty fun anyways!

We had a big discussion on what "secret" means and then had the kids pick another student's name.  Of course there were a few that shouted the name right as they read it….but others did a great job keeping it secret.  

The first thing we had them do was draw a picture for their person of something that their person liked.  This was a hard concept because a lot of kids wanted to draw their own favorite things…but we definitely got the hang of it.  Check out this cute drawing!

The next day, we all marked our favorite candy on the board.  Then we picked candy to give our secret santa (based on what they had selected on the board).

On the last day, the kids went "shopping" at a store (I had gone to the Dollar Tree and picked out a bunch of random stuff).  We even had the higher kids practice their money skills to "buy" their gifts.  

Pretty fun stuff…and the kids loved getting little tokens all week!

No comments:

Post a Comment