Tuesday, November 20, 2012

What Are You Thankful For Project

Today, we made these cute little turkeys that say what we are thankful for.  This was not an easy task for my students.  I couldn't just ask them "What are you thankful for?", have them make a list, and then do the project.  With our students' language deficits, this is not an easy topic to address.  I don't know if you can read what this student is thankful for, but they are T-Trains, H-Hamburgers, A-April, N-Nurses, K-KMart, and S-Sunshine.  I love the variety...haha.



So, here are the steps we took to get to our final product.  We started with this basic worksheet.



Then I presented these sheets for each letter.  


I had students pick one thing they were thankful for from each sheet and we wrote them onto the original worksheet.


Next, we followed these visual directions to create our turkeys (I found the idea on enchantedlearning.com).  I made my own visual directions using their pictures (because their's printed on too many pages).  Click here to get a copy of the directions.  

For step 1, I had already traced the items for my students to cut out.  For step 2/3 I had the items pre-made and stored in a zip-loc bag so all my students had to do was glue/write on them.



And lastly, we wrote the things we were thankful for from our worksheets onto our feathers and glued them on our turkeys! 

I think they turned out super cute!













1 comment:

  1. I am very excited to get to use this in my classroom! It will be perfect for my kiddos. THANKS

    ReplyDelete