Friday, July 21, 2017

Create Your Own Simple File Folder

Do you have random flashcards or pictures laying around your classroom that you aren't sure how to use?  Use them to create a fun new file folder for your kiddos!  I had these community helper flashcards laying around my classroom and wasn't quite sure how to use them.  I just simply glued them into the folder, laminated it and then created some matching pieces.

When make this file folder, I wanted something a little more challenging and something I could differentiate for my different level students.  My most advanced learners were expected to match the name of the community helper as well as the description of what they do.  My mid level students matched only the name of the community helper to the picture.  Since I had a ton of matching activities for my non-reading students already, I did not use this file folder for them, but you totally could!  You could either use a second set of flash cards or use real life images of community helpers from a google image search and have them match the pictures!

Simple enough idea, and it doesn't break the bank!

No comments:

Post a Comment