Friday, June 14, 2013

Summer School Set-Up

Just about 1 week left of real school...then off to summer school we go!  This year, we aren't staying at our current school.  I am used to working summer school in my actual classroom, so I usually don't have to change or plan very much.  This year, we are going to a new school in the neighborhood, so I actually have to plan pretty much every thing, since I won't have access to my classroom once we start.

In order to figure out what I needed to pack, I started by making a loose schedule for my kiddos.  Basically, we do our normal morning group all together (calendar, weather, journal, social time, etc.)


Then, I went through my Pinterest boards to figure out what fun activities/crafts we could do during "Teacher Time" (which is my time with the kids).  Some of the activities I came up with were:

Following a recipe and cooking once a week things such as dirt cups, kool aid, trail mix, frozen smores, and ants on a log.  

Some fun math games that involve dice.  I made some differentiated dice worksheets....


And found some fun games at this site from Pinterest.

We will also be doing an art project once a week like these pipe cleaner fireworks.

...or this expand an image art project.

And of course activities with bubbles such as these "snake bubbles" and "bubble painting."


I laid out all my activities on a nice calendar and made a list of all the items I needed to collect/photo copy from around my classroom.

Then, I started gathering all my items.  I stored them all in milk crates from the cafeteria.  These will be easy to transport, and they will make for nice storage in my summer school classroom!

2 comments:

  1. Great planning Hailey. I have enjoyed following your blog. Thanks for sharing your summer school ideas. The new activities sound like a lot of fun. Enjoy your summer, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing your planning and organization tips! I think I make it too hard sometimes! Hope your summer is going well, Paula

    ReplyDelete