Monday, June 24, 2013

Puzzle Storage

I buy most of my puzzles at the dollar store and I love them....they are cheap, pretty sturdy, and if you lose a piece, it's no big deal because they only cost you a dollar!  However, the boxes they come in are all different sizes, they are not sturdy, and they are a pain in the neck to store....so onto my solution!


You know those plastic "to-go" containers you get from some restaurants?  (my favorite Chinese place uses them as delivery containers!)  I use these containers to store my puzzles.  I cut off a picture of the puzzle from the original box, tape it onto the lid of the "to-go" container, and put my puzzle pieces inside.  

These make for nice, neat storage, and most of my containers have lasted me a few years!  I store some puzzles in Tupperwares as well...same deal.  Just tape a picture of the puzzle on the lid, and good to go!

Next time I'm craving Chinese, I may just need to go buy some puzzles!

5 comments:

  1. Clever idea, Hailey. I have bunches I need to prepare like this!

    If you give a teacher a puzzle . . . .

    Here's an article I thought you might enjoy if you haven't already seen it.
    http://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2013/06/24/36autism.h32.html?tkn=WZSF6dKPduk92y%2BQD%2BB6euHbAwy5GX%2FaVWba&cmp=ENL-EU-NEWS1

    Jill
    a-little-red-wagon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put mine in zip-lock baggies and add a cut off picture of the box to the baggie. I color code the baggie with a sticker dot depending on number of pieces. Then I throw the baggies in a larger bin labeled with the dot. This cut way down on my storage. I like your idea, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about doing something similiar with mine! Their boxes are getting so worn out!

    Erin
    Creating & Teaching

    ReplyDelete