Thursday, July 21, 2016

Animal Habitat Book

In one of my last posts, I wrote all about my love for Adapted Books and how they helped transform literacy in my classroom by motivating and engaging my students.  Today, I wanted to share with you one of my favorite adapted books about Animal Habitats.  The books covers habitats such as a farm, ocean, rain forest, bee hive, nest, desert and house.


Each page introduces a new animal and asks "What is a _____'s habitat?"


At the bottom of each page are two answer choices for students to choose from.  Students can indicate their choice by attaching the yellow star with velcro to one of the answer choices given.

We read this book one on one, in small groups, or students can even read it alone during an independent work time.  This type of adapted book is great for students who are verbal or nonverbal as no answers have to be spoken.  It is also great for readers and non-readers as it has several pictures on each page to supplement comprehension.

This book is available in my TPT Store for purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment